This blog is run by the Digital Communications Manager of the Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI).
Important “lawyer-ish” note: All of my online posts represent me and not my employer.
The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana is a non-profit organization established in 1992, and provides sophisticated resource-sharing and library automation services to the libraries of its 23 supported institutions. You can read more about PALNI on it’s website: www.palni.org
About the Digital Communications Manager:
“Megan acts on behalf of the PALNI organization under the direction of the Executive Director to identify, optimize, and manage PALNI communication systems. She also assists the Executive Director in the day-to-day business of the organization, including financial matters, vendor relations, and communications.”
Above, is the formal description of what I do within PALNI. While this is an accurate job description, I feel like we’re all friends here – let’s get to know one another, shall we?
Informal Job Title:
“Design Evangelist / Keeper of Website Gerbils / Creativity Junky / The Informer”
- I love all things design, especially graphic design.
- I have a serious colored pencil addiction but markers will do at a point of need.
- Coffee puts me in a great mood but I’m trying to curb my caffeine dependency.
- I lost 2 hours of my life once while trying to decide which notebook to get at a Moleskine display.
- Satire is one of my favorite ways to make a point but isn’t often used due to fear of hurting sensitive people. Thus, light-hearted sarcasm and exaggeration is used instead.
- My needy, Persian cat dictates way too much of my life.
- I’m so pale that my skin has blinding capabilities in the sunlight.
- I graduated with a degree in New Media Communications and have been working in/for libraries for the past 3-4 years.
- Favorite color is teal.
- Not a huge fan of long walks on the beach as I get cold easily.
- Political Beliefs: Seriously…? You really want to discuss that HERE? Fine… I believe we could achieve world peace by handing out free chocolate. End of discussion.
- I enjoy chatting. Call me, text me, email me – I’m up for a good conversation!